Commonly Violated Ordinances
Animals, Chapter 610
- Ordinance 61.01- Running at Large ; No owner or custodian of any animal, whether licensed or not, shall fail to keep such animal at all times either:
- Confined within an enclosure from which it cannot escape;
- Firmly secured by means of a collar and chain or other device so it cannot stray beyond the premises of their owner or custodian;
- Under personal control of and in close proximity to such owner or custodian.
Peace Disturbances, Chapter 654
- Ordinance 654.01 -Noise Regulation; No person shall cause to be made, directly, or indirectly, any loud, disturbing and unnecessary noise which disturbs, injures or endangers the health, comfort or welfare of others within the Borough.
- Ordinance 654.02-Minors Curfew; No person under eighteen years of age shall be or remain in or upon any of the streets, alleys, parks or public places in the Borough after the hour of 10:00 p.m., unless such person is accompanied by one of his or her parents or his or her legal guardian.
Safety, Sanitation and Health, Chapter 660
- Ordinance 660.01- Abandoned or Junked Vehicles; Junk Yards- No person shall store abandoned or junked automobiles, trucks, or other vehicles on either public or private grounds or streets within the Borough.
- Ordinance 660.04- Littering; No person shall place, throw away or discard any rubbish, refuse, waste, trash or abandoned material of any kind upon public or private property in the Borough.
- Ordinance 660.05- Sidewalk Obstructions; No person shall place, deposit or maintain any merchandise, goods, material, or equipment upon any sidewalk so as to obstruct pedestrian traffic;
- Ordinance 660.07- Open Burning; Outdoor fires shall be permitted upon private property in the Borough between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. daily, Monday through Saturday. No burning will be permitted after 6:00 p.m. daily, and never on Sunday. All outdoor fires shall be properly controlled and supervised as not to emit excessive and offensive smoke and fumes by reason of smoldering beyond a reasonable time following the setting of said fire. No person shall burn garbage, vegetable waste, rubber, plastics, furniture, glass, metals, crockery, car products or other materials which cause noxious fumes, smoke, toxic chemicals or fly ash. All fires must be attended or quenched before being left unattended. Nothing herein shall be construed to prohibit outdoor barbecue fires, recreational fires, or ceremonial fires and the burning of brush piles or grass areas for the purpose of clearing land.
- Ordinance 661.01- Vegetative Growth a Nuisance Under Certain Conditions- No person, firm or corporation, owning and occupying any property with a regularly maintained lawn area within the Borough shall permit any grass, weeds or any vegetation whatsoever, not edible or planted for some useful or ornamental purpose, to grow or remain upon such premises so as to exceed a height of six inches, or throw off any unpleasant or noxious odor, or to conceal any filthy deposit, or to create or produce pollen.
- Ordinance 661.03- Disposing of Trimmings and Cuttings- The owner of any premises, or occupant of premises, shall not dispose of any trimmings or cuttings of grass, weeds, or vegetation upon any sidewalks, or streets or alleys within the Borough.
Snow and Ice Removal, Chapter 1025
- Ordinance 1025.02- Responsibility for Removal of Snow and Ice from Sidewalks (Every person in charge or control of any building or lot, fronting or abutting on a paved sidewalk shall remove and clear away snow, and/or ice from said sidewalk. Such work shall be completed no later than twelve hours after the cessation of any snow, sleet or freezing rain.)
- Ordinance 1025.03- Responsibility for Removal from Roofs (Every person shall remove and clear away any accumulation of snow and ice on said building or structure, which is liable to fall on any sidewalk, roadway, or other public way. Such work shall be completed no later than twelve hours after the cessation of any snow, sleet or freezing rain.)
- Ordinance 1025. 04- Depositing of Snow and Ice Restricted (No person shall deposit or cause to be deposited any snow or ice on or immediately next to a fire hydrant, on any sidewalk, or cartway.)
Download a Printer-Friendly version of the Commonly Violated Ordinances